Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wicked

Jason surprised me with tickets to Wicked tonight! What a surprise! We have been to a few plays at the Saroyan Theatre this year, but this one was different. The minute we pulled up we could tell, the parking lot was full. When we started walking inside it was even more apparent, crowds of people, we had to zig-zag in between them all! Every seat was full, people were screaming, and clapping. The singing was amazing, the Wicked Witch had an amazing voice. I loved Glinda the Good Witch, she was hilarious and her character was right up my alley. The stage props and backdrops were out of this world. The talent these actors and actresses have is amazing, 2 and a half hours of non-stop and they did not miss a beat. I loved the whole idea, the storyline, everything. Now I see what the "Wicked" phenomenon is all about! What a great date night, my husband is amazing and so thoughtful, although he loved it just as much as me! What a treat!
Hugs, Annie