Sunday, March 6, 2011

Clovis North Cheer Showdown

On Saturday the cheer squad faced one of the moments they have been working so hard to get to...the Showdown. This is the first year that Maple Creek has participated in the Clovis North competition, we usually just do Clovis West, we thought this would give the girls' more experience. Not only that but these are the days I look forward to all year. There is just something about the atmosphere, the music, the big bows, the smiles, the energy, the anxiety, and the nerves that is so addicting. No matter what my girls' always move me to tears because I am so proud of them. Every year they leave it all out on the floor and this year they did not disappoint, in fact, they raised the bar. They rocked. They nailed it. They were awesome. I am so proud of their hard work and dedication to the team, they are all beautiful girls full of so much energy and charisma. We have two wonderful girls' from the Clovis West's team who come help us coach each and every week, they are amazing. They have been with us for three years and this is their senior year. We are devastated. One just informed us she is in the Smittcamp program and will be going to Fresno State and can coach next year. We are so thrilled. These two girls have become like family, we adore them. We took 2nd place in the Showdown, I am thrilled for the girls. We head to the Clovis West Showcase next Saturday and I can't wait to watch my girls' do it again. They are so much fun! We got this girls!
Cheerfully, Annie
The girls' warming up their pyramid...

Leslie and I...we teach 6th grade together and coach cheer together...

The whole squad

Maple Creek's Trophy!

Leslie, Kari, Sierra and me...our Clovis West coaches!