Monday, March 14, 2011

Clovis West Cheer Showcase


My Riley Girl...one of the best students and cheerleaders I have ever had!
That beautiful group of girls in the picture above are SUPERIOR GRAND CHAMPIONS! That's right, they won first place, best in show, highest score at the Clovis West Cheer Showcase last Saturday! It was an amazing day, the CW gym was jam packed, loud, and full of excitement. You could feel the competition in the air, everyone was in it to win it. Maple Creek was no exception. I told the squad at practice on Wednesday that I knew they would bring home a superior plaque. The way they award the elementary schools is by giving out superior, excellent and so on plaques, with superior being the highest scores. Multiple schools in the division can earn a superior plaque. Therefore I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, Maple Creek would take home a superior. The routine we were bringing and the talent of the girls was nothing but superior. So, I told the girls we needed to win the whole thing, the highest score, best in show. I was not surprised when the girls did just that, but I was ecstatic! The individual talent we have on this team is unbelievable, we were able to feature these girls in tumbling passes, flips, pyramids, full presses and scorpions.Walking away from the CW gym on Saturday was bittersweet, so sweet because the girls earned first place, bitter because this was the last time they would compete together. Out of the 17 girls on the squad, 11 are 6th graders. They will be moving on to Kastner and Clovis West, we will get to sit back and watch them grow as cheerleaders and performers. That's the fun part. I value each one of these girls for the diversity they brought to our squad, they all gelled perfectly together. Not only that, but we have two AMAZING girls from the CW squad who come help coach and coreograph. They are so talented, it takes my breath away. We are so blessed to have them. We have two more performances, Clovis West Spirit Night on Monday and our last Maple Creek Rally next Friday! Each time the girls perform this routine it gets better, I could watch it all day long and never get sick of it. These girls know how to sell and when to put the shine on! The facials, the smiles, the energy they bring; it's contagious. I can't wait to watch them rock it out their last two times! Congrats Huskies!

Hugs, Annie