Monday, May 16, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week

This being my first year in the 6th grade I did not know what to expect during teacher appreciation week. Being a kindergarten and first grade teacher in the previous years I was showered with love and hugs. Those little kiddos love to dish it out. Making the jump to a 6th grade teacher this year I wasn't surprised to find that most of the kiddos don't give as many hugs as the little ones. This is why I was pleasantly surprised during teacher appreciation week. I'll be honest, my students brought tears to my eyes. I walked out to pick up my class one morning and I saw them all huddled together signing something. They had their little messengers whispering, "she's coming!" "she's coming!" By the time I reached them some of the girls were in the front of the line handing me a giant card they had made. It was adorable. They had taken the time to come up with an acrostic poem and write messages to me. The best part...they did this all on their own, no parents, no other teachers, just them, straight from the heart. I couldn't help but tear up reading it. They are so sweet, I will miss them in four weeks!




Hugs!
Annie