Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall, Football, & Pumpkin Spice Lattes...

So fall is my favorite time of the year, I love it. I love all the sweet smells of pumpkin, caramels, and fresh baked goods. I think the love of fall has traveled with me from Washington. In Washington fall is a real season...it is perfect weather, leaves are lying on the ground everywhere, the wind blows, I would come home to fresh baked cookies and apple cider. If you walk into my house today, you will smell fall...despite the 100 degree temperature outside, I still light my candles so I can close my blinds and imagine leaves being picked up and falling to the ground in the wind. I don't just do this in my house, I also do this in my classroom. When you walk through my classroom door you will be greeted with the smell of pumpkin spice! There are so many wonderful activities that come with fall: football, pumpkin spice lattes, the pumpkin patch, corn mazes, carving pumpkins, candy, tailgating, scarves and boots and so much more. Is it sad that one of my best days this month was when Starbucks began selling their pumpkin spice latte? I love it, I think it is because it tastes like fall. There is nothing I love more than throwing on a cute scarf, getting a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte and heading to a football game with Jason. Which leads me to my new adventure this fall...a girls' fantasy football leaugue! My friend Katie did this last year and was doing it again this year, she was so sweet to include me. She knows how much my husband (just like hers) loves to watch football on Sundays, so our motto, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! I was so excited to draft the one player I actually know, Aaron Rodgers, just having him on my team makes this fantasy league a success. Although, winning the league and the spa gift certificate would make it that much better!


Fresno State football plays at home tomorrow, let the tailgates begin! So much to love about fall, just thought I would share why I love my favorite season!


My favorite fall treats I had to fill my jars with!
Hugs, Annie