Saturday, September 17, 2011

My New Business Story...

I love fashion, some even say I am obsessed, I always thought I would go into a career in the fashion world. Growing up and going to school I worked in retail, everywhere from J. Crew to the Gap to She She. However, I also love kids, I have all my life and I love teaching them and making them better everyday, so I chose to teach, I knew it would be a stable job with great benefits and perfect for a family someday. And...I am happy, I still love it today. I still embrace fashion though, there is nothing I love more than going shopping for my "teacher clothes." I actually use it as an opportunity to dress up almost every single day and it feels good! So, you can imagine how excited I am to share this news with you...I have found something that I can do part time, while teaching full time, that is fashion based, sell Stella and Dot jewelry! I have decided to become a stylist for Stella and Dot. Stella and Dot is a celebrity coveted boutique style jewelry and accessory line designed by top New York designers. It is a line of jewelry that fits every occasion and can be seen in many popular magazines as well as on the necks and arms of many well-known celebrities. The best part about this is that I get to accent all my "teacher outfits" with this amazing jewelry and when other teachers and parents compliment me on my jewelry I can tell them, I am selling it, here is a catalog! I am the first to admit, this is not the first thing I saw myself doing, I can sell in a clothing store when people are coming in with the objective to buy but having to chase down people didn't sound as fun. But when I saw Jason's cousin and my dear friend, Lisa, selling it and loving it, I had to see what all the buzz was about. After meeting with her, looking through the jewelry line and watching numerous videos I was sold, bought in 100%. I realized that I won't have to be breaking down anyone's doors, chasing after anyone, I realized that this stuff sells itself, the jewelry is amazing, all I have to do is be a body, help people accessorize, give my opinions, all the things I love about retail. I get to host parties and throw trunk shows for people who love the jewelry as much as I do, we get to chat, munch on appetizers and shop together. The best part is I get to do this and teach, bring in a little fun money on the side by working an extra 5 hours a week, do able? I think so! I wanted to share my excitement and story with you, those that I care about the most. My launch party is Tuesday September 27, at 6:30 pm at my house. I would love to have you stop by and support my new business venture just by saying hi! All are welcome, bring your friends! If you are interested in doing a trunk show and earning free jewelry please let me know, I would love nothing more than to do one for you! If this is something that interests you I would love to sit down over coffee and talk. Below is the link to my website, shop around, if you can't make the trunk show you can order right off the website! Happy shopping!

www.stelladot.com/anniepapi


Sneak peek at one of their bold necklaces...click the link above to browse and shop it all!



Hugs, Annie