Friday, December 23, 2011

My Father-In-Laws Honor

So, I am jumping in my time machine and taking you back a few months...I have not been good at keeping up with my blogging, too much good stuff going on! Anyway, my amazing, AMAZING father in law, Ken Papi, was inducted into the Fresno Athletic Hall of Fame in November. The event was held at the Selland Arena where Pardini's served a delicious dinner, and they honored each of their inductees. Some of the other inductees Ken was honored with were Icky Woods, Lorenzo Neal and Dan Gladden (to name a few). I was very impressed with the ceremony they put on, it was first class, a real classy event. They did a great job of honoring each of the inductees. I felt so honored to be sitting at the table with my father in law, to be a part of the whole Papi clan. I had no idea when I met and fell in love with Jason that I was joining a family with a legend. Ken is so well respected, every where I go when people here my last name they will ask me how I am related to Ken Papi. Once I tell them I married his wonderful son they will go on with a story or a memory of Ken and every time I walk away from the conversation I feel so proud and blessed to be his daughter in law. And every time I walk away from the conversation I am more in awe of him, talk about a class act. He is the most patient, consistent, dedicated, genorous, loyal and loving man. He deserves every honor that he receives (and trust me there are many more), and then some. It was a very special night, honoring a very special person not only to me and Jason but to so many, he has touched and changed so many lives in his career as the athletic director of Fresno High and baseball coach. I don't know how I go so lucky, but i'll take it.

George Takata and Ken (how I didn't get one of Jason and his dad is beyond me, I blame pregnancy)


My Papi family...blessed.


Hugs, Annie and Jason