Friday, December 30, 2011

And So It Begins...Giada's Nursery

Christmas is over and the New Year is amongst us. I kept telling myself as soon as Christmas is over I will begin the nursery. So here I sit, eager, anxious, overwhelmed and confused. I know what I like, I know what I want but somehow I can still go so many different ways. I have spent numerous hours on my ipad searching and sifting through images of nurseries, blogs featuring nurseries, etsy, pottery barn, you name it. With each website I visit I fall in love with something else, my mind is stirring like crazy! I just want to start! So we did. Yesterday we headed to Pleasanton to do some damage at Pottery Barn Kids and a little shopping for us of course! We spent the majority of the time in Pottery Barn Kids registering and purchasing. I am pleased to announce Giada has her first pieces of furniture; her crib, dresser, and changing tray...and oh is it sweet! I can hardly wait until it is delivered and set up, it so so girly and feminine with antique detailing, exactly what I had in mind! I fell in love with bedding, lamps, dolls, you name it so of course we left the store with some goodies in hand too! My wonderfull in-laws joined us and we had a wonderful day shopping and eating. I will keep updating as I go along, it will be a process and will consume our time (when not at baseball games) until she is here! This afternoon we are hitting Home Goods for some one of a kind of finds and Lowes to purchase the paint for the walls! Stay tuned...let the madness begin!
Hugs, Annie and Jason