Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Dear Giada

Tomorrow you will celebrate your first Thanksgiving. We will get up in the morning and watch the Thanksgiving day parade together as a family, a tradition that will hopefully carry on for years to come. We will go over to your Great Aunt Margo and Great Uncle Stan's house to eat a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with the family. We will be thankful. So on your first Thanksgiving I wanted to write you a little letter. A letter that will not talk about me and my gratitude, even though I am the most thankful I have ever been this year because your daddy and I have you. I want to write you a letter to remember many Thanksgivings to come. I want to share something with you that I stumbled upon, something I want you to remember and something I want you to be thankful for always. It is this.
"She knew that she was formed by God's hands,
dreamed up in His heart and placed in this world
for a purpose."
Always be thankful to the Lord Giada Rose, He has made you beautiful, smart (I know this at 6 months old already), healthy, and with a PURPOSE. You are so blessed, you are perfect, you have a place in this world that belongs only to you. Always be thankful for the opportunity to wake up and touch lives, share your love for Christ, and share your God given purpose. I can't wait to see what your purpose is, I can't wait to see what God has created you to be, I already know it is beautiful. If you choose to be thankful each day, thankful for even the little things, you will be happy, and you will be successful. Promise me this, you will find something to smile about each and every day. At 6 months old you are already serving a purpose; you have brought pure joy to your daddy and I; you make us smile everyday. Whatever you decide to do, wherever life takes you, whatever your purpose is...give Thanks to the Lord often. Always remember...
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart"
Jeremiah 1:5
He has created you in his perfect image to do big things. Be thankful and achieve all that you set out to do.

I am beyond thankful to the Lord for giving us YOU to raise and love. You have no idea.

Love you Peanut and Happy 1st Thanksgiving,
Mommy