Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hillcrest Pumpkin Patch: Giada's 1st Visit!

When I was teaching kindergarten my favorite field trip was to Hillcrest Pumpkin Patch. The kids would have so much fun learning about the pumpkin life cycle, walking through the patch, taking a hay ride and picking out their very own pumpkin! When I told my friend Alex that we were heading to the pumpkin patch this weekend she said, "You have to go to Hillcrest, they have a real train..." or something along those lines. Duh. How did I not think of that patch since this is the very place I would enjoy with my kinder kiddos a few years ago. So we headed out to Reedley today; me, Jason, Giada, Ken, Peggy and Michelle.

I have always been a kid at heart, I have always loved to do "kid" things, or things you do when you have kids. Every year I would drag Jason out to the pumpkin patches or corn mazes, just the two of  us. He would put on a smile and humor me. This time, it meant so much more. Things like this are so much more fun now that the baby girl is with us. Even though she is only 5 months and doesn't understand much of what is going on around her and won't remember any of it...it is still so awesome. I think it is knowing that in the years to come it is only going to get better. Today I kept thinking how excited she will be next year and the year after and the year after and so on. I could see excitement in her today, she enjoyed the train (except when it blew its whistle), she held on to the steering wheel of the tractor, she was drooling over the kettle corn she wished she could enjoy, she helped pick out her very own little pumpkin, and she was all mostly all smiles. Gosh, life is just so much better with her in it. What a day, my tank is full.
















 Had such a wonderful day with family that we love so much!

Happy Fall! Jason, Annie & Giada Rose