Saturday, August 6, 2011

Best Giants Game EVER!

This past Tuesday we headed up to San Francisco to watch our Giants unfortunatley lose their 6th game in a row! Despite their loss we had the BEST time! Jason got amazing tickets on stubhub, I mean AMAZING. We were three rows back from the owner of the Giants if that gives you an idea how great they were! My favorite thing about these tickets was that they were field club level, which meant we had access to the Giant's locker room! Now, we couldn't actually get in it, obviously, but we could stand behind a rope right in front of it and watch the players walk back and forth from the field to the locker room. We were joined by other fans wanting autographs, I just wanted a picture. Each time a player would walk by everyone would yell out their names in hopes they would come over. It was before the game, so they were focused, most would turn, smile and wave but not come over. Everyone patiently held out and finally Andres Torres (my new favorite Giant) came over and signed every autograph and snapped every picture he was asked to. He was so nice and humble, it was obvious how much he appreciated his fans. I was ecstatic. After this, I was trying to convince Jason they were in the locker room until the game started so we should go to our seats. He kept holding out...thank goodness...because the next thing I know I see Ben F., runner up from the Bachelorette (whose finale had just aired the night before) walking by. I know many of you will think I am lame but the Bachelor/Bachelorette is my favorite show, I have watched every season, so to me, these people are big celebrities. These are the people I always want to see as a celebrity sighting so you can imagine my excitement. I called out his name and he came over to take a picture, he said he was free at last! Surprisingly everyone in the line started calling out that he should have won, it was hilarious to see these 50 year old men piping in...all ages and genders love the Bachelorette! Jason was such a trooper, he just held the camera and snapped away, humoring me the whole time. After this I was satisfied, we went to find our amazing seats and watch the Diamondbacks take batting practice. We enjoyed the game, even though they lost, we munched on garlic fries and rooted them despite the score. There is just something about AT&T Ballpark, it is like the Disneyland of baseball; packed, magical, and everyone is always smiling! I had a blast, thank you Jason for getting me out of town for a couple days! Until the next one...

When my mother in law heard we were going she made me this warm, fleece Giants blanket to keep me warm, it was a life saver!

We ate at the public house before we went into the game.


Andres Torres...my favorite Giant EVER!


Ben F.! Did I mention he is in the running for the next Bachelor? Which makes this oh so much sweeter!


My man...the most handsome guy in the park!


Oh yes, and after the game we headed to Ghiradelli Square for some ice cream sundaes!


Go Giants! Annie & Jason