Monday, August 15, 2011

Papi's in Santa Cruz

Last week the whole Papi family, all 21 of us, headed to the Dream Inn in Santa Cruz for the week! This could not have been a better end to my summer, this was the last hurrah before it is back to work. We spent the week in the PERFECT 70 degree weather relaxing by the pool, playing bocce ball on the sand, swimming with the kids, shopping downtown, eating on the wharf, playing miniature golf, eating breakfast at the Walnut Ave. Cafe, wrapping up the night with ice cream on the boardwalk and much, much more. There is something so special about having your whole family together in one place, creating memories that will be reminicsed about over and over. These are days that we can't get back and spending them together at the beach, where everyone can relax and forget their worries, is just what every family needs! I have married into the most amazing family, they know how to laugh, how to encourage, support, and how to have a good time! I loved laying out by the pool and talking about life with Ann, Katie, Lisa, Michelle, Peg and Margo. It is just too often that our busy days pass by and our conversations turn into the surface level exchanges, so it was nice to know we had all the time in the world to discuss our classrooms, goals, shopping, families and even things as silly as The Bachelorette! I also loved listening to the kids laughter, the boys argue over bocce ball, and watching noni smile as she watched her beautiful family. We left Santa Cruz an even closer family and I am so thankful they have embraced me, loved me and made me feel like I have been a part of their family forever! Can't wait for the next Papi vacay...here are just some pictures, there were so many I would have loved to snap but I had to choose fun or camera?Katie and Logan at Ideal Handsome boys...Nicholas and Luke (loved the face)
Look what Lincoln found and I snapped before it was taken away...
Jason, Travis and A.J. Beautiful Lisa and her handsome son, LincolnHannah found a table for her ice cream!Love this face!
Best FriendsJason throwing a baseball...this was intenseBoardwalk
Kids shopping dowtown
J and I had to ride back in the trunk of the car, too many people and shopping bags!Me, Jason, Ken, Peg and MichelleNoni with her two boysWater looks so pretty!
The Castro FamilyMy wonderful In-Laws We take this picture every year!
My handosme husbandLove, The Papi's