Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sneak Peek Into My Classroom...

This past week I have spent many hours in my classroom cleaning, oraganizing, moving furniture, and decorating. At the end of last year we had to remove every piece of paper, and every last staple from our walls for a deep cleaning this summer. I figured there was no better time to change up my theme. I had one major goal...a bright classroom! I want a classroom that my students are awake in, their brains are stimulated in and a room where there is no possibility of ever being in a bad mood! So, I decided to incorporate wild animal prints with bright solids, it is not full out safari but has touches of it throughout the room. I think I am on my way to accomplishing my mission. It is bright, stimulating and every time I look up from my desk...I smile. I am not completley done so I just have a few pictures of some completed things.


My friend and cousin Katie likes to give and receive "lovebombs." Therfore, the title of these came from her inspiration. Students will fill out a piece of paper I create with a compliment (a lovebomb) about another student in class. They will drop their lovebomb in this jar, and on Fridays I will pull out a few to read in front of the whole class.

This is right by the door, it has the calendar, job chart, daily schedule and the cork board will have school newsletters and imporant notes/upcoming events. Those calendar markers are monkeys.


Love this tree and the monkeys!Social Studies Wall


Hugs, Annie