Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blessed

Let me fill you in on my new venture. I find that in today's culture we are often overwhelmed with what we don't have. I would be lying if I told you there weren't times I didn't find myself consumed in this very thought, surrounded by desires, feeling the "have to haves" of life. I've decided to embrace what I do have, to reflect on and be thankful for the simple things that make my life so wonderful. I like to think of it as my "highs" of the week. My dear friend Sophie always asks for the highs of an event after it is all over. So in true Sophie fashion...I want to reflect on my highs, I want to force myself to focus on what I am thankful for. Every single week. At the end of the year I will be able to read and reflect on my posts. What a wonderful reminder it will be of the blessed life I live. Below I have included pictures of my highs, the things I am MOST thankful for this week.
My first high of the week fits perfectly into this post. Last Sunday we were at family dinner. Logan was in the bathtub, Katie was giving her a bath, I was holding Luke and chatting with them. Margo (their grandma, Jason's aunt) came in the bathroom to ask Katie what Luke needed for his Birthday. "He needs a bottle, Jesus, and his blanket," chirped the sweet voice of Logan DeManby. I melted. Katie explained that they had been focusing on the differences between needs and wants over the past week. Wow, if that wasn't a reminder for me. Thank you Logan for sharing that insight with me.
Precious Logan at Noni's house...
The rest of my most thankful moments this week...
This handsome smile who helped me clean the house with a smile on his face all day Sunday.

My workout shoes whom have made the 4:30am trek with me to the gym this week.


A sucker that, if you read my post on Luke's Birthday, taught me a valuable lesson in life: Get excited over small things, it's okay to act like a big kid.

Stacy, a loyal friend, one I have had for almost 10 years. This girl rocks.

Mini Shopaholic, the new book I started reading that makes me laugh out loud.

What are you most thankful for this week?
Hugs, Annie