Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Zanatta Family Reunion

Saturday night I experienced the Italian culture and family to the fullest! Jason and I went to his family reunion...the Zanatta family reunion. I have heard so much about the Italian culture, and Jason's big Italian family, I finally got to experience it all. I enjoyed stuffing myself silly, listening to all the toasts (always animated with the hands), watching a game of Morra (an Italian number game that gets very loud), and being indoctrinated into this big, loving, welcoming family. It was incredible to watch and listen to the traditions that the Zanatta family reunion holds. We watched home vidoes from past reunions. It was wonderful to see them laugh at themselves and reminisce. It was just a reminder of how important traditions and culture is. The highlight of the evening: knowing that I now belong to this group of wonderful people!
Hugs,
Annie
The Papi side of the Family...just missing the Lakovich's
The beginning of the initiation into the family...
Getting indoctrinated into the family by Dean Jelmini...