Monday, June 27, 2011

One year ago today...

I married my best friend (I guess technically it was yesterday, it's late at night, early in the morning) . This time last year I was doing the conga line to "We Are Family," my new husband had the mic in his hand and was letting out, "oohh, oohh's" to make sure everyone stayed on the dance floor. In this moment I could finally relax, I was done running around, meeting with the florist, the photographer, the caterer, the DJ, and the list goes on and on. In this moment I realized our wedding day had far exceeded my expectations. It was perfect. How could it not have been? I was marrying my soul mate, my perfect match, my everything.

Throughout the past year I have had some friends get engaged, they have asked me the question, "was having a big wedding worth it?" Without hesitation I would say, "absolutley!" I told them that there is nothing that can replace the feeling of having all the people you love so much in one room, watching you commit the rest of your life to the person you love more than anything in the world. I remember sitting at the head table, surrounded by my bridesmaids, and looking out at all the people, I had an overwhelming feeling come over me, abundant love. I like to think of this moment when I start to think about Heaven, when I think about overwhelming love and what it will be like.

I sit here a year later, reminiscing on the day, and I find that I can't stop smiling. I remember planning the wedding, seeking advice from people and I often think about the one thing I heard over and over, "the first year is always the hardest." I think this sticks with me because I doubted it when I heard it, I didn't understand it, so I kept my eyes open to it. Reflecting back on our first year, I have to disagree. Yes, there were adjustments, yes, there was compromise, but we grew together, we got better together and we fell deeper in love. I hope the years to come are even better.

Jason,
Thank you for being the perfect husband for me, for embracing my faults and loving me on my hardest days. This past year has surpassed all my hopes and dreams; thanks to you. You have gone out of your way on a daily basis to make me happy, make me smile, make me laugh, and build me up. You are a man of integrity, and a man who knows what he wants, and a man who is worthy of and demands respect. God knew just what I needed, and I thank him on a daily basis for sending me a man as steady and constant as you. You are full of passion for everything in your life, rather that be baseball, friends, family, or me. Being on the receiving end of your passion for life and for me is undescribable. I am beyond excited for the things to come this year. Everyday with you just keeps getting better. I love you to the moon and back!

To everyone who was a part of our special day, we love you and we love that our friendships and relationships have only grown deeper over the past year!


Big Hugs, Annie & J