Monday, February 14, 2011

Baseball! Baseball! Baseball!

The 2011 Warrior baseball season officially started on Saturday. Well, for Jason the 2011 season started the day after the 2010 season ended. Jason and his dad have put in countless hours working with their players not just on baseball technique but on making sure they have the grades to play this season. It is so inspiring and rewarding to see how much they put into these players. How much time they devote to making them better and better. Not just at baseball, but at being men. It is one of the many qualities I love most about my husband! It was a beautiful day for a game, on my way there my car said it was 75 degrees, once I was sitting out in the sun I could feel it! It felt so good to be back in the stands watching Fresno High compete. They scrimmaged Clovis East, it was a great game. I loved listening to the endless baseball chatter in the stands, the sounds of the bats hitting the ball, the encouragement coming from the dugouts and of course, the yelling at the umpires for their bad calls. Jason lives for this. He gets to coach what he loves with someone he loves. It is so awesome to watch Jason and his dad coach baseball together. My father-in-law has been at Fresno High for 40 years, talk about loyalty! Jason wants nothing more than to follow in his dad's footsteps, to live his legacy. As his wife, I love watching it unfold, every second of it. This year is extra special. Not only is he coaching with his dad, one of his best friends has joined the coaching staff this year. Jeff Prieto was a groomsman in our wedding and his wife and I spend early mornings together at the gym. It is wonderful that they get this opportunity to coach together. It is great to have Jamie join Michelle, Peggy and I in the stands to root on Fresno High. I can't wait for the games, the Easter Classic Tournament, and the endless baseball conversations following games. This season will be full of excitement, watching the team play Saturday made that obvious. I am hoping the Warriors bring home a Valley Championship this year, they can do it! Let's go Fresno High!
Hugs, Annie

Jason and I after the game...he is so handsome in his baseball pants!Jeff and Jason
Jamie and I
Jeff and Jamie