Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Heart Day

Let me just start by saying that Jason and I pretty much threw out any plan we had for Valentine's Day this year. We were planning on getting each other the iphone 4, we went to the Apple store and we were convinced to wait for the iphone 5 that is coming out in July. Great. Here we were Sunday night back at square one. We decided that on Valentine's Day we would go shopping together and pick out things we have been wanting but didn't want to spend our own money on...fun! We had reservations at Pismo's Monday night, we decided against the crowds, the inadequate service you always get on Valentine's Day and instead ordered a heart shaped pizza from Me n Ed's...which I must add, hit the spot! Since Valentine's Day was on a Monday we chose to celebrate it throughout the weekend. Let me take you on the weekend journey of LOVE...

Friday night was the night I had been waiting for..."Just Go With It" was coming out in theaters. I LOVE Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. We met my sister and Trevor at Edwards Friday for date night. I loved every second of the movie. This picture is after the movie, I couldn't get the smile of my face...the movie was so funny!
On Saturday Fresno High Warriors had their first scrimmage against Clovis East. I spent a beautiful afternoon out at the field watching Jason coach. We stopped at Sugar Shack on the way home and picked up some cupcakes for dessert...yummy!On Sunday we met the Prieto's at Neighbors for lunch. We sat for hours talking and laughing.
On Monday morning I snuck into Jason's truck before he went to work and left him some goodies...a dozen valentines' cookies from Hungry Bear, a Starbucks card (for his morning coffee) and a card...
Jason delivered lunch to my classroom and flowers to the front office for me to come pick up...they were beautiful!
My class had their last Valentine's Day party of their elementary school days. My room mom is fabulous and went all out for my kiddos. She had an ice cream sundae bar that put Yodiggity to shame, a card station with all kinds of arts and crafts, and games of guesstimation and trivia! The kids passed out Valentine's to each other and then made Valentine's cards for nursing homes. My room mom and her 3 kids were going to go hand deliver them to the residents last night...it was so sweet to watch my student's write these cards, to put their heart into making people smile...
These cookies were one of my student's Valetine's to the class...so cute!
Jason and I show our love for each other every day, we try at least. Some people don't like Valentine's for that reason, they feel you should show each other every day, that there should not be one day that you show it. I agree. However, I love Valentine's day, why not go all out one day a year, do all the small things that you do over time in one day? Why not make your significant other glow? Besides, pink and red are my favorite colors, so of course I love Valentine's Day! It is an opporunity to stop and not only do something nice for those we hold closest to our hearts, but maybe for those who never feel loved. I am proud of my students' for making the residents of nursing homes throughout Fresno smile last night, for letting them feel love. Our first Valentine's Day was awesome. My husband rocks. He is the most compassionate, caring, self-sacrificing, warm, dedicated, loyal person I know. The best part is...I get all of that...everyday.

Happy Valentine's Day! Love, The Papi's