Monday, February 7, 2011

Atttitude of Gratitude

Here goes my weekly blog about the little things throughout my week that meant the most! This is a great way to start of the week. That's right, start it off on a Tuesday, yes, I am very thankful this week for a Monday off! It was an absolutley gorgeous day and I didn't have to spend it inside my classroom! Thank you!

I am so thankful to my husband for treating me with tickets to Legally Blonde: The Musical. What an awesome show. He is always doing thoughtful things like this for me. I am so lucky to have him, not just for the monetary things but for the unconditional love he gives me day in and day out. He sure knows how to make me smile.

When I checked my mailbox this week I was thrilled to see that Melissa is still keeping the tradition of Valentine's. I opened up an envelope that held an ADORABLE, personalized Valentine's card, what a treat! Thanks Miss! Here is a picture of the front and the inside.

My sister's boyfriend goes to school at Cal Poly, so most weekends she is gone visiting him. This weekend she stayed home and came to dinner with us. I love my sister so much and cherish the time we spend together. We got manicures and went to the Cheescake Factory. Thanks for hanging out with me Sissy...you were the highlight of my week!

On Wednesday night I looked at my cell phone at 9:00pm, I had missed a call from my friend Christina, who never calls that late. I quickly called her back to make sure everything was okay and she proceded to tell me that she was 12 weeks pregnant! I am so excited for her and her husband Blake. I am impressed they were able to hold it in that whole time! Giving thanks to sweet bundles of joy. I pray for a healthy baby in August! Here is a picture of our celebratory dinner!

My last moment will not include a picture. It was a moment that has stayed with me all day today. Jason and I were at the grocery store this morning and the customer in front of us was standing head buried in their chest. I looked at the situation a little closer and realized that the cashier was counting out coins. The customer had a coin purse emptied on the counter and was crying in their chest. My heart broke. Jason and I looked at each other and I knew his heart had broken too. When the cashier was done counting the coins they told the customer they were still a dollar and some change short. Jason reached in his wallet, paid the rest of the bill and told the customer to keep the change. I know things are tough right now. It is a shame to me that I take things like groceries for granted. I have been thanking the Lord all day today. I am thankful for the little things in life that we truly can't live without, like food and water. I pray that Jason and I can continue to bless those in situations like we witnessed today.

Hugs, Annie