Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas is Complete!

On Sunday Jason ventured out to complete the last Christmas project...stringing the lights on the house! He called Travis Demanby to come over and help out, and like the good friend he always is, Travis came over with Logan to lend a hand. While Jason and Trav were out stringing the lights Logan and I were inside cleaning; she was a great helper! As we were cleaning I couldn't help but start to think about what wonderful parents Katie and Trav are. Logan followed me from place to place cleaning without complaining one time, she was eager to help and we had great conversation. I think this is a true testiment to what great parents they truly are, they have made a big enough impact on Logan that she understands how to be respectful, and use good manners even when her parents are not there with her. For many children being left alone with someone other than their parents is a free ticket to bend and break the rules. I tip my hat to Katie and Travis for raising such a beautiful and smart girl. It is posts like these that I based the title of my blog on. It is the little things that matter most in life, it is the moments we share stringing Christmas lights with our best friends, the conversations we have with children as we clean the house and the hugs we get when the day winds down. Thank you Travis for helping out and thank you Katie for sharing your daughter with me for a few hours. When I begin to want, when I begin to feel insufficient, when I become discontent is when I need to step back to moments like these and soak it all in. It's the little things that bring the most joy, it's the little things that make us laugh and it's the little things that last.

Hugs, Annie
My best little buddy...Logan helping me clean

Jason and Trav after a job well done!