Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!

Last Friday we headed out Christmas tree shopping! We hopped in the car and headed to Hallain Harvest, Jason's friend, Christian, owns a Christmas tree lot, so we knew he would help us pick out the perfect tree! I have not had a real tree since I was a little girl. I remember walking up and down the tree lot with my mom and dad for what seemed like forever because my mom was so picky! Little did I know I would marry one of those picky tree shoppers, but sure enough, Jason was bound and determined to find the perfect tree! At one point Christian asked us if we wanted to move in! Finally, after searching, we found the perfect tree, it was tall and pretty skinny, not too fat, just what we were looking for. We loaded it up and took it home! Once we got it in the house I was shocked, that tree that didn't look too big was HUGE in our house, but perfect! I had forgotten how wonderful a real tree makes the house smell and I am reminded every time I walk in my house! I just love the smell of Christmas! On Saturday we strung the lights, wrapped the garland and hung the ornaments! I took a trip down memory lane as I hung some of my ornaments, it is so fun to reflect on childhood memories and share the stories with Jason! I was so pleased with how our first tree turned out, it is just what I had imagined! I did my best to take a picture, but it just does not do the tree justice but I will post a picture anyway! Happy Holidays!

Hugs,

Annie