Monday, December 27, 2010

Our First Christmas as a Mr. and Mrs.

There are so many wonderful things to note about Christmas this year. It was me and Jason's first Christmas as a married couple. I loved every second of it. Christmas Eve was spent at Jason's Grandma's house. My father in law puts on his Santa costume every year for the kids, he is such a trooper. He pretends to ride his sleigh to the front door and then knock, we answer the door and he comes in to bring the little ones gifts. It is so much fun to watch their reactions. The kids opened up a karaoke machine and the whole family had a blast! It was so joyfoul to listen to Hannah sing Jingle Bells on the microphone. Logan belted out Taylor Swift and the boys couldn't get enough "Dynomite." It was such a refereshing reminder of what Christmas is all about, family, being with the ones you love the most. No matter what, if all those people are in the same room, you know it will be a good time, a celebration of love. When we came home that night my sister came over to spend the night. It is tradition that my sister and I stay the night together every Christmas Eve. I was so excited to have her. In the morning my mom and Trevor came over and we spent the morning opening gifts and eating a delicious breakfast! We headed over to Michelle's after that to open gifts before heading to meet the whole family at Jason's Aunt Margo and Uncle Stan's house! We were very blessed this year, I am so thankful. I have married into the most amazing family, I love and adore my mother, father and sister in law. They are so gracious, caring, and supportive. When we pulled up to the Papi's we saw that the Castro's brought over the Wii and Just Dance 2, I thought karaoke was fun to watch...this was even better! No one could beat Cody, he had all the moves memorized! Food was great, cheer was felt all around, entertainment comical, company even better. Let me tell you about my favorite gift: My sister and I have been at different places the past few years and this year we got to spend the entire day together. My sister is my best friend, I can't tell you enough how much it meant to me to have her join us this Christmas. There was no better gift. On top of this I spent much of the evening holding Luke, Katie and Trav's baby boy, his smile is priceless, his snuggles heavenly. I just love that boy. The cherry on top? My husband. He has a heart of gold and it is his desire to make me smile every second of every day. My cup runneth over with love. Merry Christmas.

Hugs, Annie

Christmas Eve Pictures
Logan took this picture of J and I...
Santa, aka: Uncle Ken with Hannah Girl
Santa with Logan...
Precious Hannah and Logan
Christmas Day
My Sissy, Luke and me
Emily and Trevor
Jason and I...Our first Christmas as Mr. and Mrs.!